-
March 8th, 2003, 05:01 PM
#1
Inactive Member
-
March 8th, 2003, 05:13 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Where's it say when it'll be released?
-
March 8th, 2003, 05:29 PM
#3
Inactive Member
it just says its announnced,s o that means it'll be over there, just no idea when
-
March 8th, 2003, 05:36 PM
#4
HB Forum Owner
IRT Cataferal: Yeah, I wonder when will companies realize that RPGs are European's favorite games type. AFAIK, Namco didn't say a word about the European release, but it's supposed to happen. Please let us know when you get the reply from Namco.
As for importing Xenosaga, I wouldn't buy an American PS2. You can chip your European PS2 to play any region PS2 games and any region DVDs, also fixing the RGB DVD (intentional?) bug. This would have been the way it worked since the very beginning, territorial locks are ghey. Note that chipping your PS2 is legal. It's modifying somehting that is yours; and if you can open your computer and install new hardware, you can happily open your PS2 and install a mod-chip.
-
March 8th, 2003, 07:19 PM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
IRT Wiseman - RPG's are not europes favourite genre, many people still dont even know what they are. However Final Fantasy is very popular over here, but not more so than the likes of GTA and the various annual football games. This is an unfortunate fact thats cost us Chrono Cross, Xenogears and just about every RPG not published by Square.
However, Xenosaga looks to be the strongest competition to Final Fantasy in years, and im sure namco would benefit greatly from releasing it. But i dont want to wait a year for its release, only to find out that namco decided not to release it after all.
-
March 8th, 2003, 08:03 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Nothing beats Grandia 2, and that was released here. And from what i heard, Xenosaga is gonna be better that Grandia 2, so of course it'll come out here.
-
March 8th, 2003, 08:11 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Xenosaga can't touch either of the Grandias
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 08, 2003 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Xellos ]</font>
-
March 8th, 2003, 08:42 PM
#8
Senior Hostboard Member
IRT OCB - Grandia 2 is an amazing rpg, and one of my favourites, but the most popular rpg in europe, and the US, is Final Fantasy. Whether its better or worse is debatable (i personally see Final Fantasy as better). Anyway, thats cleared...
From all accounts, ive heard nothing bad about Xenosaga except their long cut-scenes (which is a "love it or hate it" thing among the masses) so i have high expectations. However, its not how good the rpg is which effects whether its going to be popular or not, which is why some games were not released. An example of this is xenogears.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 08, 2003 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>
-
March 8th, 2003, 10:55 PM
#9
HB Forum Owner
IRT Cataferal: A recent survey I saw in a general gaming Spanish site revealed that RPGs are the favorite genre among console players. Soccer games could be second. PC gamers have different tastes.
WRT FF, Grandia, Xenosaga: My personal opinion is that Grandia II mops the floor with every Final Fantasy game released to date; so does Xenogears. Either of the two are my favorite games, I cannot decide which one I like best, because Grandia II has impressive, high artistic value graphics and great characters, vs. the ultimate RPG story of Xenogears. (And it's not that G2 has a bad story or XG has bad characters... both games are very strong on this, it's just that one is better than the other, but I cannot pick one of the two, at least not now.) Grandia I is not as good but it's still more fun to play than any FF. I don't think any FF is that good to begin with, they aren't bad, but there are lots of games I like better, like both Shenmues or Skies of Arcadia; I found them more fun and they provided a more pleasant gaming experience to me. Finally, I can't tell my final opinion on Xenosaga because I haven't played it, but I think it's the only game with any possibility of me liking it as much as Grandia II or Xenogears; however, I may like Xenogears better because of the fact that Xenosaga Episode 1 ends leaving a lot of unanswered questions questions because it's soon to be continued and it's just the first chapter.
IRT Cataferal's last post: With proper marketing, Xenogears could have sold fairly well in Europe; and anyways, it was very stupid to not release it; they have the damn game completed, all they'd have to do is one of these quick, cheap, crappy PAL versions and release it; it'd be hard for it to be not profitable (incomes from sales < costs of release). The problem, as I said in other threads, is that videogame companies constantly, systematically, keep understimating Europe and screwing it up with pricing and fucking territorial bullshit.
-
March 8th, 2003, 11:48 PM
#10
Inactive Member
grandia II is alwsome....so is grandia Xtreme...lol jk sry xel
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks